THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"You were nearly down a grandchild..."

The words I told my Mother last Friday. The conversation went a little like this:

Mom: "So, how are things up there" (After she gets done telling me that it's been 80 degrees and sunny in FL)

Me: "Well, you were nearly down a grandchild last night."

Mom: "What?! What happened?"

Me: "I nearly threw him out the window last night"

It's true. I was contemplating how hard I'd need to throw him to launch him far enough so that he'd land on the lawn instead of the deck or the concrete, not to mention getting out of the window. You see, he's usually a great sleeper. However, he's taken a turn for the worst.

I shouldn't complain. But I will.

He's been sleeping through the night since he was about 3.5 months old. *starting throwing stones* He's had a few minor set backs when he was teething or sick, but for the most part, those only last a day or so. However, the last 5 nights, he's been consistantly getting up at 12:30 - 1:00 AM and being inconsolable. We've tried everything. We've taken his temp, given him tylenol, dressed him warmer, dressed him cooler, fed him, gave him a nuk, put Orajel on his teeth, cuddle, rock, sing, walk....I even took him outside for a little while to cool off when he was crying so hard he was sweating. He'll calm down long enough, just to start up again. Oooooh, is it wearing on the Momma's patience.

I've been trying REALLY hard to remember that he can't communicate his needs and crying is all he got, but is it really THAT serious?! I'm at a loss.

0 comments: