THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Birthday!

My wee baby is one!! I can't believe it. Everyone tells you how quickly the first year will go by. I knew that it would, but I never could have imagined how awesome it would be to see how MUCH he changes in a year. He started as this wrinkly little thing (I gave birth to Benjamin Button! - I believe this is what I said shortly after birth) and is now a toddeling little man!

I woke up super early today (hence being on here at 5:00 AM), and it may sound cheesey, but I went into Marcus' room just to look at him while he slept. I quickly ran out since he started to wiggle and I didn't want to wake him up so early. But in the few seconds I was there, I felt a huge swelling of pride. This is MY little boy and I think he is the coolest ever.

I was reminscing last night about what I was doing a year ago. It seems like it was ages ago. Imagining all of the condom and KY Jelly commercials that were on in the middle of the night while laboring, and watching a Harrison Ford marathon on Spike! TV in between the commercials for "Girls Gone Wild". I had Matt, my Mom and my Dad all with me. Dad was going to leave shortly before Marcus was born, but I guilted him into staying. I said, "Dad, you're really going to miss the birth of your first grandson?". Worked like a charm. I can still remember how excited Matt was when he got to hold his son for the first time. The first day was really a whirlwind. Not only because I had just had my baby, but I had a million visitors. The front desk just started pointing people down the hall and saying, Room 327, to anyone coming in with baby gifts, assuming it was for us. Looking back, I wish I would have waited until the 2nd day to have people come. Not because I didn't like seeing everyone, but because I was so tired by the end of the day. It was ridiculous.

I remember being so afraid of leaving the hospital. I couldn't believe that they were actually letting me take him home. I wanted to stay there forever so that I could have help with this new baby. I hadn't taken care of a baby since my cousins were little, and they are teenagers now. Talk about a shock! The first night, we had to have my MIL come and save us because we couldn't get him to sleep. I'm pretty sure I cried on the floor many a time.

We have a busy weekend with all of his parties and whatnot, but I'm very excited to be able to share this time with everyone.I don't know how excited Matt is, but Marcus will only turn 1 once, so we're going to make it fun!!!

0 comments: